We’re proud to install GAF shingles, America’s leading roofing manufacturer. We’re Master Elite Certified which is a mark achieved by only 2% of installers nationwide. This allows us to provide superior warranties on North America’s #1 shingle manufacterer.
Quality at Every Step of the Process
We Prepare Your Roof
Part of providing 5-Star service is protecting your siding, windows, and landscaping from falling debris. We do this with a combination of our Equipters, The-Catch-All tarping system, and traditional tarping methods. When needed we will build temporary structures to protect delicate plants or permanent furniture.
We Strip Any Existing Roofing Material From Your Roof
It’s important to get your roof down to the roof deck. This allows us to inspect the roof deck and replace any rotted wood needed. From there we can properly waterproof it and install your new Lifetime Roof on a reliable substrate.
We'll Prep Your Roof With GAF Materials
These materials help protect your roof for years to come
- GAF StormGuard® – Installed on eaves, roofing protrusions, wall flashing, and valleys to help prevent water penetration from ice dams and wind-driven rain. We install two courses of GAF StormGuard standard to reach code and achieve the minimum of 2’ above the warm wall of your home.
- GAF FeltBuster® – Helps to protect your roof from wind-driven rain
- We install your underlay with plastic capped nails, not staples, to ensure your underlay is fastened properly and in accordance with GAFs warranty standards and industry best practices.
We'll Install Your Roof
- Drip edge is installed around the entire perimeter of your roof. All rakes and eaves will have a drip edge installed.
- GAF Pro-Start Starter strips is installed around entire perimeter of the roof
- GAF Timberline HDZ shingles are installed in the appropriate stepped method with a minimum of 6 nails to comply with high wind nailing standards.
Smith Builders prides itself on leaving your home and property very clean after our installation. We understand the entire project is only as good as the condition we leave your property. We do everything we can during the roofing process to keep your property clean and as accessible as possible but it is important to remember the debris removal process can be a bit messy. Again, we are removing 5-10,000 pounds of debris, and 10,000-20,000 nails from your roof. We make sure your property is clean and well organized at the end of each day and do an extra thorough job to ensure your property is left spotless when we’re done.
We use our Equipter and tarps to minimize what hits the ground at all. We run wheeled and floating magnets thorough and thoroughly at the end of each project to capture all the nails.
Your Home is Protected For Years To Come
After we’re done, your roof will be protected from the elements and ready for Maine’s unpredictable weather.
We are GAF Master Elite Certified, which means we can offer superior warranties versus non-certified installers.